Reg.datum
    apr 2012
    Förnamn
    Waqas
    Län
    Skåne

Service Indicator

Hi

I have mentioned in my previous post, I just bought Mini Clubman 2008, Bensin, new driver and new to cars.
    When I start Mini, 'Service' message displays on screen.
    Car mileage is 31000, and first service was done at 29900, so only 110Mil and its asking for service again.
    The car was standing in garage of previous owner for 6, 7 months but it was serviced before I got the car.
    I called 'Mecca' service dealer and he said car has to be serviced again if message is there, but I am very surprised is it possible after 110 MIL again service?

Thanks for help.

Regards/WS

Betalande Medlem Luc!fears avatar
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    Förnamn
    Dan
    Län
    Kalmar
    Could it be that it shows how far you can run before the next service?
    BESTÄLLD: MINI Cooper Clubman JCW All4 LCI -2020 Enigma Black Metallic, rött tak & speglar.
    NUVARANDE: MINI Cooper Clubman S JCW -2016 Chilli Red, tak & sidospeglar i svart.
    SÅLD: MINI Cooper Clubman S JCW -2013, White silver metallic,tak, sidospeglar, c-stolpe & fäljar i
    svart.
    SÅLD MINI Cooper Countryman SD All4 - 2012, Absolute black metallic & även tak.
    SÅLD: Mini Cooper S JCW, -05, Hyper blue med svart tak.

Life's too short not to

MIN gamla BILTRÅD: här

Forum-nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    apr 2012
    Förnamn
    Waqas
    Län
    Skåne
    Hi

Thanks for reply!
    I just checked and first it displays 'Service' in upper panel and then a 'clock sign' in lower with date '02/2012'.
    My perception is, maybe they setup the time for next service but its been standing most of the time and did not run much.

Regards/Waqas

Betalande Medlem Luc!fears avatar
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    Förnamn
    Dan
    Län
    Kalmar
    I have no idea ...
    Maybe someone else can clarify this?
    BESTÄLLD: MINI Cooper Clubman JCW All4 LCI -2020 Enigma Black Metallic, rött tak & speglar.
    NUVARANDE: MINI Cooper Clubman S JCW -2016 Chilli Red, tak & sidospeglar i svart.
    SÅLD: MINI Cooper Clubman S JCW -2013, White silver metallic,tak, sidospeglar, c-stolpe & fäljar i
    svart.
    SÅLD MINI Cooper Countryman SD All4 - 2012, Absolute black metallic & även tak.
    SÅLD: Mini Cooper S JCW, -05, Hyper blue med svart tak.

Life's too short not to

MIN gamla BILTRÅD: här

Forum-nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    apr 2012
    Förnamn
    Waqas
    Län
    Skåne
    Tack så mycket, I hope so ..

MINI-galning dvoraks avatar
    Reg.datum
    sep 2008
    Förnamn
    Peter
    Län
    Västra Götaland
    It's time to check the car in at the local shop. It could be anything from change of brake pads, fluid or other unscheduled maintenance. One time I got the service message and it turned out that it was just a survey of some kind. Really stupid.

But take your car in and they'll answer you straight away
    Varv på Nürburgring: 78

8:35,9 BTG

Forum-nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    apr 2012
    Förnamn
    Waqas
    Län
    Skåne
    Thanks for reply!..

But if it shows the clock in lower panel with date '02/2012' which means a scheduled service. It does not show any error or warning.
    Means it was expected to have some mileage but it was standing nd now just reminder pop up.
    But have no idea ...

Forum-nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    apr 2012
    Förnamn
    Mikael
    Län
    Västra Götaland
    What you can do, assuming your mini works the same way as my MINI Cooper D from 2008 is: Start the car, when the service message shows up on the display hold your on-board-computer button for about 3 seconds. You will then enter a sub-menu. There you can go to info I think and it will display a symbol of the service that is expected to be done. In your manual you can see what the service-light means. I recently bought my MINI Cooper D and since the previous owner had it in storage since september/october and just brought it out to sell it, it actually needed Service right away. In my case it was the Brake-fluid that needed change. They program it for certain interwalls. Every 2 years I think is brake-fluid. Same with oil I think.

I actually found out that my MINI was scheduled for oil change late 2012 and just decided to let them go ahead and change both fluids at the same time. That way it won't need an other service until 2014-04 or whenever it reaches 9000 mil.

Seems a little strange to me that they suggest brake fluid change 2012-02 and oil change 2012-10, but maybe it's just me?

To clarify the 02/2012. Yes that means it is time for service then regardless of how many miles it has done. I guess they think the fluids for example have an expiration date. In the menu I think you can clearly see that this needs to be done at that date or this milage which ever comes first.

Ämnesinformation

Användare som tittar på det här ämnet

Det är för närvarande 1 användare som tittar på det här ämnet. (0 medlemmar och 1 gäster)

Liknande ämnen

1. Service mm..
    Av login i forum Teknik
    Svar: 21
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-11-24, 18:26
  2. Service
    Av donniedoer i forum Allmänt
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-10-09, 11:58
  3. Service
    Av Arnel i forum Teknik
    Svar: 10