MINI-entusiast
    Reg.datum
    sep 2012
    Förnamn
    Tim
    Län
    Finland

Mini Club Flying Finns 24.09.2022 at Alastaro

This is heads up that our local Mini Club Flying Finns - which is open to both classic Mini's and New MINI's - will hold it's annual track day and sauna party as a season ender on 24th September at the Alastaro Circuit from 1300. See also https://www.mcff.net/events/ in suomeksi.

Alastaro is a nice fast and wide circuit, and as such it is good for beginners as well as the track rats. It is 200km/2hours from Helsinki/Helsingfors and 75km/1hour from Turku/Åbo. Convoys can be arranged from either city so you don't get lost.

We expect to have a cottage booked, for a very informal sauna, swim, and award-winning BBQ night, and there will be a few Lonkero's of course...

You will need to join the club for obvious reasons, fill in this form: https://www.mcff.net/liity-jaseneksi/ but membership is just 25eur (I think!) and there is no event fee, just the cost of the cottage which is fairly modest. And I will likely arrange food at a cost of c. 20eur/person, including breakfast, and it's bring-your-own-drinks. That should be easy enough if you're coming over on Viking or Silja Line

Let us know and we can assist.

all the best
    Tim and MTGF
    Senast redigerat av tcbw den 2022-06-17 klockan 14:32. Anledning: added link to MCFF membership page

2. Tack bknu tackade för detta inlägg
    Gilla Hagatorpet, Per Felding gillade detta inlägg
    Betalande Medlem Matz Ws avatar
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    Förnamn
    Matz
    Län
    Stockholm
    Hi Tim

Did not have the opportunity in 2019, and the rest you know qvid_19, count on me.
    29/9 it is winter or summer tires that apply

4. Gilla tcbw gillade detta inlägg
    MINI-entusiast
    Reg.datum
    sep 2012
    Förnamn
    Tim
    Län
    Finland
    I'd take wets, but if the weather's good, semi-slicks would work well...

MINI-entusiast
    Reg.datum
    sep 2012
    Förnamn
    Tim
    Län
    Finland
    You should join the club, see the link here https://www.mcff.net/liity-jaseneksi/

More details will follow, especially as to accomodation, most likely near the circuit.

As to the menu, the traditional BBQ is some good sausage eaten hot from the grill with your fingers, followed by grilled entrecote steak, some grilled vegetables, baked potatoes, and fresh salad, followed by Fazer chocolate.

Breakfast is bacon, scrambled eggs, with fresh bread rolls, cheese, Finnish coffee (strong enough to make your hair stand on end) and orange juice.

Betalande Medlem
    Reg.datum
    okt 2011
    Förnamn
    Björn
    Län
    X
    Great news! I'll be there. Sign me up for a bed and some of your superb cooking, Tim.

//björn

8. Tack tcbw tackade för detta inlägg
    Gilla DTR gillade detta inlägg
    MINI-entusiast
    Reg.datum
    sep 2012
    Förnamn
    Tim
    Län
    Finland
    UPDATE: I am very sorry to inform you that the event has been postponed by one week due to a change in some endurance racing series.

This means the MCFF event will now take place a week later on Saturday 1st October from 10-14 instead. I am personally extremely disappointed, as I can no longer go, as I will be in Singapore for another event (some F1 street race...) and some business.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll keep you posted, if you're still interested. At least some of the team should be able to attend...

10. Tack Hagatorpet tackade för detta inlägg
    Medlemsansvarig Hagatorpets avatar
    Reg.datum
    feb 2010
    Förnamn
    Owe
    Län
    Västra Götaland
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av tcbw Visa inlägg
    UPDATE: I am very sorry to inform you that the event has been postponed by one week due to a change in some endurance racing series.

This means the MCFF event will now take place a week later on Saturday 1st October from 10-14 instead. I am personally extremely disappointed, as I can no longer go, as I will be in Singapore for another event (some F1 street race...) and some business.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll keep you posted, if you're still interested. At least some of the team should be able to attend...
    Unfortunately, There won't be anything for me this time.
    But I'm looking forward to a meeting in Finland next year instead, if there is one then.
    //Owe Ericson
    "Johnny" Mini Cooper JCW
    "Lilla Blå" Mini Cooper S -04 Såld
    "Viking" Mini Clubman D -10 gett bort till dottern

Medlemsansvarig Hagatorpets avatar
    Reg.datum
    feb 2010
    Förnamn
    Owe
    Län
    Västra Götaland
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av tcbw Visa inlägg

Unfortunately, There won't be anything for me this time.
    But I'm looking forward to a meeting in Finland next year instead, if there is one then.
    //Owe Ericson
    "Johnny" Mini Cooper JCW
    "Lilla Blå" Mini Cooper S -04 Såld
    "Viking" Mini Clubman D -10 gett bort till dottern

MINI-entusiast
    Reg.datum
    sep 2012
    Förnamn
    Tim
    Län
    Finland
    I need to update the update, and I have already updated the FB page.

But this is now Sunday 25 September.

If you can handle it, you might get the ferry from Stockholm to Helsingfors, join us here at my place in Svinö, Esbo, on Saturday 24th for sauna, and BBQ, and then take in the track day at Alastaro on Sunday 25th - you can then sail out of Åbo on Sunday night, and arrive Monday morning back in Stockholm, exhausted but happy. Or hungover, your call.

Sorry about this, it's far beyond my control.

Betalande Medlem
    Reg.datum
    okt 2011
    Förnamn
    Björn
    Län
    X
    That is good news.

I am fairly free in September. I might even go a few days early and see some more of Finland. I will gladly pop by for some BBQ and sauna on our way to Alastaro. But hangover? Hm, does it really mix with driving? Even if Alastaro seem to be more run-off-friendly than Ahvenisto.

15. Tack tcbw tackade för detta inlägg
    MINI-entusiast
    Reg.datum
    sep 2012
    Förnamn
    Tim
    Län
    Finland
    Björn, we don't need to stay up til 4am this time...!

Just a quiet sauna, a few steaks, maybe some spannering and a couple of Lonkero's. Not necessarily in that order.

MINI-entusiast
    Reg.datum
    sep 2012
    Förnamn
    Tim
    Län
    Finland
    HI Björn, I got your message on MT, hopefully you now have my number and address for today!

Ämnesinformation

Användare som tittar på det här ämnet

Det är för närvarande 1 användare som tittar på det här ämnet. (0 medlemmar och 1 gäster)

Liknande ämnen

1. Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2022-04-19, 10:15
  2. Gott Nytt År 2022!
    Av Fredrik i forum Allmänt
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2021-12-31, 14:38
  3. Svar: 7
    Senaste inlägg: 2020-08-18, 21:17
  4. BMW Club Schweden/BMW Sport Club och MINI
    Av Hobbe i forum Off-topic
    Svar: 2