handdator

Visa fullständig version : MINI Countryman WRC (rallydags!)

Hobbe
2010-02-19, 17:46
http://www.motoringfile.com/2010/02/19/development-continues-with-minis-wrc-rally-car/#more-11284

Ace
2010-02-19, 19:03
Nu snackar vi! Arvet från MINI gäller ju både på bana och på rallyvägar.
Har aldrig förståt hur man kan stå i värmländska skogarna framför en brasa och vänta på en Skoda som svichar förbi på 3 sekunder. Men jag tror jag måste omvärdera det om MINI ställer upp i WRC.

Fredrik
2010-02-20, 09:05
Här är lite mer i ämnet, saxat från en tråd på TotalMINI.com.
I löptexten är det en länk och det är samma som Hobbe länkade till, men detta ger lite mer bakgrundsinfo - mycket intressant att Dave Richards och Prodrive besökt Sverige för att se hur de kan lägga upp en eventuell rallysatsning :D

"Latest according to 'Motorsport News':
Representatives of MINI visited the Rally Sweden last week on a fact-finding mission together with key Prodrive personnel, including chairman David Richards and technical director David Lapworth.
Work is well underway back in Banbury on the MINI project, which is set use a brand new turbocharged 1.6-litre engine. The MINI Countryman based 4x4 is expected to begin its initial testing programme this summer.
Prodrive technical director Dave Lapworth and ex-managing director of the Subaru WRT Richard Taylor, accompanied Richards on the fact-finding mission in Sweden. The party also met with controlling representatives of the World Rally Championship during the weekend.
The official launch of the Prodrive MINI Countryman WRC is expected to take place at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
Meanwhile, Mads Ostberg stated to maxrally.com that he was currently in negotiations with Prodrive regarding the possibility of driving the Mini next year.
“I’m talking to Prodrive and both of us are interested in continuing working together,” said the Norwegian. “I definitely think that I am worthy of a drive with them. But it’s difficult to say exactly what we can do with them because we have been struggling quite a lot with cars and confidence. I think with a good team and some testing it’s possible to fight for good positions, definitely.”

More.......
http://www.motoringfile.com/2010/02/19/dev...MotoringFile%29

"The development of the car was made possible by BMW’s exit from F1 and increased focus on production based series such as WRC, ALMS and the WTCC. It was also made possible by the WRC’s new engine rules which focus on production based 1.6L turbos. All this gives the upcoming Countryman rally car a tangible link to the production variant (especially the rumoured fire-breathing JCW version).
In all the 2012 WRC season is shaping up to be a glorious return for MINI into a sport that has a great deal of historical significance for the brand."

Ex-rally driver Paddy Hopkirk, who won the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally in a Mini Cooper S, continues to work for BMW as an ambassador, told Motorsport News, “The level of engineering is amazing and very diligent – they’re a company that doesn’t take shortcuts. Everything they do they do well. If there is a problem they will throw more money at it until they get it right. Without the [BMW Sauber] Formula One project there could be the money to do that."
“People love the Mini and actually love the new Mini as well. It would be terrific to see Mini in the WRC. I’ve got the highest respect for the company and it would be magnificent for the glory days of rallying to return and for Mini to be a part of that. I drive a MINI on the road and I wouldn’t do that if I didn’t believe in the product. I love the car.”

powernap
2010-02-20, 09:17
:buttrock:

Fredrik
2010-02-20, 17:03
:buttrock:

Japp - OM nu detta projekt blir en realitet är det nog gott hopp om att NMCS ska till svenska rallyet för att heja på MINI-teamet - 2011 eller 2012 får vi väl se, men det är ju helt klart en tänkbar vinterrun: NMCS åker för att supporta MINI R60-teamet i rally :D

Haugthon
2010-02-20, 17:22
Japp - OM nu detta projekt blir en realitet är det nog gott hopp om att NMCS ska till svenska rallyet för att heja på MINI-teamet - 2011 eller 2012 får vi väl se, men det är ju helt klart en tänkbar vinterrun: NMCS åker för att supporta MINI R60-teamet i rally :D

Vinterdäck Check!
Varma kläder Check!
Grillprylar Check!
Filmkamera Check!
Mini Cooper Check!

Då är jag där!

powernap
2010-02-20, 20:52
hoppas att vara där som co-driver.....

Fredrik
2010-02-25, 10:00
Såg en bild igår på Bigblogg´s site - en R60 med lite märklig front på en bakgård i München och inte hos MINI.
En vild gissning från mig är att detta kan vara en testbil eller prototyp för en R60 WRC.
Bilderna är de tre högst upp till vänster (klicka på texten nedan i det blå fältet):

MINI R60 Countryman - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigblogg/sets/72157623500112064/)

Karina
2010-02-25, 12:40
Oj de där var inte alls snygg :( Hoppas att det är något helt annat ...

Hobbe
2010-02-25, 14:32
Bilderna är de tre högst upp till vänster...

Porsche Cayenne? :rolleyes:

dvorak
2010-02-25, 14:54
Frågan är varför de aldrig kört rally med R53 el R65 med tanke på rallyarvet.

Fransoserna kör ju med sina bilar i samma klass, vanliga hatchen skulle vara grymt mycket coolare som rallybil än R60 (säger jag som fortfarande tycker att R60 är en av de fulaste bilarna på marknaden).

Luc!fear
2011-12-21, 16:17
Är jag först med denna tråkiga nyhet?

:( Nu verkar det som om dom missar detta!!!
Se länken: AUSmotive.com

(http://www.ausmotive.com/2011/12/21/mini-misses-major-milestone.html)

dvorak
2011-12-21, 16:41
Lite bättre info:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96806

Officials from the Banbury-based team are currently in negotiations with BMW in Munich and the FIA as they seek a possible extension to the deadline.

While there is no immediate concern over the future of the John Cooper Works WRC programme, there are reportedly significant issues which need to be resolved in the Anglo-German relationship.

Hobbe
2011-12-27, 10:39
"...there are reportedly significant issues which need to be resolved in the Anglo-German relationship."

Ja, dessa anglofiler :D
Även här på forumet finns det liknande "issues".

On a more serious note:
Jag tror det har att göra med tyskarna denna gång.
BMW/MINI vill säkert ha ägandeskapet 100%, vilket knappast borde inspirera Prodrive.
Samma sak var det med JCW och MINI Challenge.