handdator

Visa fullständig version : Trimma MINI:n steg 3 ?

Hobbe
2007-06-25, 17:13
Efter avgassystem inkl. sportkat, och pulley med mappning så är det dags för den större modifieringen. För enkelhetens skull kallad steg 3.
Småpillet med enbart tex större intercooler, och lättat svänghjul har mindre betydelse IMO.

Jag håller på att kolla med Trendab i Nykvarn angående topp (modifiering av din egen), kamaxel (ny vässad), och mappning.
Även en Setrab oljekylare ska på plats pga den förväntade ökningen av motortempen.
Ett pris för allt, montering inkluderat.

Priset kommer att bli en bra bit lägre än att köpa "plockepinn" från utländska tuningföretag.

Är det fler som är sugna ?

RandyPiper
2007-06-25, 19:26
Låter som en dyr historia , hur mycket tror du det kommer gå på ?

Hobbe
2007-06-25, 20:05
Återkommer när jag har fått svar från Trendab.

GT
2007-06-25, 20:13
I spoke to John Cooper (Mike) for about 10-15 mins

They have tuned a JCW to 270bhp for nubergring last year.............it was "CRAP" the fastest mini on the track/fast road is a JCW lightened!

Hobbe
2007-06-25, 20:30
I'm aiming at 250 bhp tops, and then shift focus on cutting weight.
Durability is essential since this GP will hopefully be a full-blown race car within two years since my personal objective is to participate in a racing series at that time.

GT
2007-06-25, 20:36
He said dont do it to me.

I was looking at all the modded minis in Holland and the all used the standard air boxes and many the original exaust system.

This must say something.

Hobbe
2007-06-25, 20:41
I'm keeping all other parts as is, but the top and camshaft would need some modification to get a few more bhp out of the engine without risking a total engine failure.

250 bhp and 1000 kg seem doable.

GT
2007-06-25, 21:06
Mini cooper s JCW 210hk race car:

Slicks
Roll cage
Driver

was fast as hell , but when pushed to the max they start to loose grip and slide........then they are not going fast..........more power is not needed .

In John Coopers own words "A mini with too much power runs like a PIG"

The reason why a mini is so fast on the track is the brakes, they run on 6 pot calipers and JCW coil overs............THATS IT!

Hobbe
2007-06-25, 21:42
Already good enough in the corners, but too far behind the BMW E46M, and E36M I'm up against when the straight line begins on the race track.
250 bhp would be sufficient, but not too much.
The GP suspension is good enough with some stiffer springs, there's no need for the JCW coilovers really, and by the way the JCW coilovers aren't top of the line, and 6 pot calipers would be an overkill.
The GP brakes with race pads, better brake fluid, braided hoses, and proper cooling would be a good enough start. All done on my GP.
If a need to upgrade the brakes later, then 4 pot front would be more than enough.

I wouldn't consider John Cooper a race expert, he's rather a sales person IMHO.

GT
2007-06-25, 21:52
John Cooper :

The first person to put a race engine behind the driver.

You are blinded by your old cars.

race experiance: a fast car is one that can outrun you in the corners and outbreak you.

All of the tracks in Sweden have short straights , if you outrun them in the corners they will never catch you on the straights.

imo : buy a BMW instead ! if you really think your skills are not up to it!

Hobbe
2007-06-25, 22:21
Engine behind the driver ? Not a good idea in i MINI ?
Are we talking Cooper Sr or Jr now ?
Jr is a sales person.
I thought it was Chapman who did it BTW.

All the race tracks I have raced on i.e. Mantorp, Anderstorp, Gelleråsen, Kinnekulle, Ring Knutstorp have long enough straights to catch up any fast cornering weaker car.
The only exception is Sturup, but it's a gokart race track for Pete's sake.

I wouldn't disagree with you in terms of a good race driver in a weaker car i.e. MINI would catch up any ordinary Svensson in his E46M by outcornering and outbraking, but let's face it, I'm talking about STCC drivers such as Richard Göransson.
I've seen him drive his all original company car (BMW E90 330i) with street tires on the race track, and scare the living daylight out of us amateurs with cars with more than 100-150 more bhp and semi-slicks, but still:
Two drivers with the same experience and skills, one in a MINI, and the other in a BMW E36M/E46M wouldn't be racing on equal terms.
I'm not talking about STCC/BTCC/WTCC, but amateur racing for Svensson's, and not really a racing series with similar cars, which should be the case, but I'm currently racing together with cars such as BMW E46M, and I'm pretty deterimined to turn my MINI into a car with similar performance. If lucky, it should end up being one heck of a MINI since the handling already is much better than any BMW, which BTW is why I bought the MINI.